The 2015 “Swept Away” nominations are now closed …
but, we’ll repeat this project in 2016!
We need your help with a project involving BRIDES magazine!
In its Nov./Dec. 2015 issue, BRIDES will include a multi-page section titled “Swept Away” that focuses on specific destinations and resorts (advertisers, of course!) that would be great choices for destination weddings. But, the section won’t simply promote these advertisers alone. BRIDES will match each participating tourism office or resort company with a DWHSA member who’ll offer her/his own tips and advice for BRIDES readers considering a destination wedding with that advertiser!
Here’s a link to last year’s “Swept Away” supplement, so that you can see how this works:
So … we’re seeking DWHSA members who’d like to be paired with a specific advertiser in the next installment of the BRIDES “Swept Away” program! Here’s the list of participating advertisers:
- Air Tahiti Nui (focusing not just on Tahiti as a destination, but primarily the airline itself and the perks for your clients flying on Air Tahiti Nui)
- Florida Keys and Key West (this area in general – not any single location in the Keys)
- Grand Lucayan in the Bahamas (this resort specifically, rather than the Bahamas in general)
- Hard Rock Hotels (the brand in general – not any single resort)
- Sandals Resorts (the brand in general – not any single resort)
- Antigua & Barbuda (pending advertiser – not yet confirmed)
- Cayman Islands (pending advertiser – not yet confirmed)
If you work closely with any destination/supplier on this list, you may submit your name to be chosen by BRIDES for pairing with that advertiser. Here’s what you’ll be asked to submit:
- 1 general quote from you about the destination or supplier (i.e., the # 1 reason why you might recommend that location or resort above all others)
- 1 or 2 sentences that speak to the destination or supplier in general
- 3 to 4 short bullet points (1 sentence each) highlighting the other stand-out qualities that would appeal to BRIDES readers and couples who’re in the midst of planning a destination wedding (specifically, what sets the property or destination apart or makes it unique, the best time of the year to visit, any special DW planning services or perks available)
To help you start thinking about the five advertisers confirmed so far, here are links to the advertising copy they’ve already turned into BRIDES for their parts of the new “Swept Away” section (so that you can see what they’re saying about themselves already!):
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Florida Keys and Key West
- Grand Lucayan in the Bahamas
- Hard Rock Hotels
- Sandals Resorts
(Antigua & Barbuda and the Cayman Islands may confirm their participation this week – if so, we’ll add their links here.)
Now … here’s the schedule:
- Please fill out the application form below and submit it by 5 pm Eastern on Tuesday, Sept. 15.
- On Tuesday evening, the BRIDES team will process all applications and pick the participating agents. They’ll notify DWHSA HQ, and we’ll email you that evening and call you Wednesday morning.
- If you’re chosen by BRIDES, you’ll have Wednesday and Thursday (Sept. 16-17) to draft the quotes and bullet points listed above for your paired advertiser. You must email that information to us no later than 5 pm Eastern on Thursday, Sept. 17.
- On Friday, Sept. 18, BRIDES will submit your copy to your paired advertiser, and they may follow up with you if they have questions.
- Then, you’re done! You can watch for the Nov./Dec. 2015 issue to hit newsstands in early October!
NOTE: Please remember that BRIDES controls this projects and makes all final decisions (including the selection of participating DWHSA members)! And, many factors may go into the final selection of participating agents – it’s not a matter of picking the “best” agent for each advertiser, but rather the final choices may be based on your geographic location, your previous history with the advertiser, or even luck-of-the-draw factors such as your catchy agency name that appeals to the BRIDES team. Like most things in life, there’s a huge degree of randomness in these nominations.)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 615.730.9977!